The Deer Creek Summer Program is an extension of the fun learning we already do throughout the school year, with a unique focus on:
- Experiential learning and off-campus field trips
- Guided learning in reading and math
- Physical activity and organized athletics
- Exploration of the arts: music, art, writing
Summer Program info packet
Download the information packet, and contact us with any questions:
- Summer Program 2017 (PDF)
The information packet includes the four forms you will need to sign and submit if you decide to enroll your child: Classes, Child and Family Information, Authorization for Emergency Medical Care, and Photo Release.
All the details are in the packet, and here are a few highlights:
- When: 8 weeks from June 12 through August 4. Each week has its own theme—choose the weeks your child wants to attend throughout the summer.
- Who: Students who have completed Preschool through 8th grade by June 12.
- How much: The cost is $150 per week with a half-day option and multiple child discounts. Registration is due by May 1. Tuition for the first four weeks must be paid by June 1. Tuition for the last four weeks must be paid by July 1. See page 4 of the packet for more detail.
- Extended Care: Deer Creek will provide Extended Care hours at a rate of $5.00/hour, beginning at 7:00am and ending at 6:00pm.
Summer Program staff
Your kids will be learning from the same Deer Creek staff and teachers that they have built relationships with throughout the year, plus maybe a few different helpers. Deer Creek staff have all passed a national background test, and are current in their CPR and First Aid training. They are looking forward to a great summer of keeping their students’ mind muscles active!
- Mark all articles of clothing, lunch boxes, and water bottles.
- Please send a labeled bottle of sunscreen with your child.
Behavior and standards
Summer students must be able to follow the same basic health and safety rules that we follow all year at Deer Creek. We anticipate the same type of respect and encouragement in all interactions that are part of the Deer Creek culture throughout the school year.
Lunch and snacks
You’ll want to send a lunch and snack with your child every day. We do have a refrigerator and microwaves that will be available to the students. We will provide plenty of time to eat lunch and hydrate during the day. If you feel that your child will require additional snacks, please provide them.
Throughout the summer, let us know about any questions or concerns you might have. We are praying for a safe and fun experience!